I read. A lot. Not just blogs, but books. Some are even related to being fat & fat acceptance, which is what I blog about … Oooh … blog post fodder!
So I have started posting book reviews. This page includes links to all the book reviews to date:
- Ultimate Fitness: The Quest for Truth About Health and Exercise by Gina Kolata (reviewed 9/7/2009)
- Lessons From The Fat-o-Sphere: Quit Dieting and Declare a Truce with Your Body by Kate Harding and Marianne Kirby (reviewed 5/7/2009)
- FAT!SO? : Because You Don’t Have To Apologize For Your Size by Marilyn Wann (reviewed 5/6/2009)
- Fat: The Anthropology Of An Obsession edited by Don Kulick and Anne Meneley (discussed 2/10/2009)
- Ruby, the Rabbi’s Wife by Sharon Kahn (reviewed 12/4/2008)
- MegaYoga by Megan Garcia; Yoga Just My Size with Megan Garcia (DVD); Yoga for Round Bodies Vol 1 (VHS) (reviewed 11/26/2008)
- Dying to be Thin by Kathryn Lilley (reviewed 11/12/2008)
- Health at Every Size: The Surprising Truth About Your Weight by Linda Bacon (reviewed 9/22/2008)
Yes, my book reviews link to Amazon, and yes, I have an affiliate account whereby Amazon kicks me a quarter if you follow my link and actually buy something. Let me say here and now that you do not have to buy anything from Amazon just to make me happy. (I buy things from Amazon because I know people who work there and it’s convenient, but I also buy things from Third Place Books and the U Bookstore too.)
Currently all the books and videos I’ve reviewed were either purchased by me for normal price or were obtained from the library. If I am sent something free to review I will say so.
Leave a Reply