No one has to be coached to think more negative thoughts. They just come naturally. But positive thoughts require focus, effort, and discipline. The task itself is simple enough. Just take out a piece of paper and write down every single thing you like about your job. Or keep a daily list of five things that were positive at work today. Making that list can be attitude magic.
I read this in a Psychology Today article on job satisfaction, but it can certainly also apply to body acceptance.
What are 5 positives about my body today?
- I’m generally healthy; my body works well & does what I need it to do.
- My morning stretches felt great.
- I’m tall enough to that reaching the high shelves isn’t a problem.
- Muscle memory is helping me to pick up a musical instrument I haven’t played in years.
- Making love this afternoon. ;)
What’s your list?
Leave a Reply