A little exercise in gratitude…
1) The man of the house got his car window fixed today, after it was smashed yesterday…
2) …and the thieves only got away with maybe $15 worth of electronics.*
3) Got the deck cleaned up a bit last weekend. Tomorrow night I’ll be digging out more of the furniture cushions and sweeping again for our first barbecue :)
4) Another cool article on Kate today, this time in the Chicago Tribune with photo and the fact that Marianne Kirby co-wrote their book. (I’d suggest you get your comment fix at Shapely Prose not the Trib.)
“A lot of us have lost weight — and gained it back. Everyone thinks that there’s a simple solution we’ve somehow managed to be unaware of. Or we’re not aware that fruits and vegetables are better for you than fast food. A lot of these things assume that you’re downright stupid or living on another planet.”
5) I have tickets to see Carrie Fisher in Wishful Drinking tonight. Ta!
*No, I do NOT consider getting robbed to be a good thing. But I’m trying to look on the bright side here.