I think it’s time to do this again. See, my job was eliminated. Not fun, but I’m at the stage now where I’m thankful it happened, because:
1) Much less stress. The old job was changing and had become a bad fit, and now it’s OVER.
2) I qualify for unemployment.
3) …also, we have money saved. I’m touching wood as I type this, but we’re okay for a while.
4) …and, really? I didn’t want that job anymore anyway. I started looking for a new job, sporadically—like once a month—in June. Maybe if I’d rolled faster with the changes I’d still be there, but the “not wanting the job anymore” was a big part of why I didn’t roll with the changes well. I didn’t mean to be obstructionist, but I became obstructionist because I didn’t want to do heavy lifting to change a job I didn’t want. It became a negative spiral that I’m glad I’m not in anymore.
5) Finally, I’ve been able to enjoy the time I spend with the man of the house more. His support has really helped.
I’m also thankful that my blue blazer I got 5 or 6 years ago still fits and looks great with various tops. ;) I’ve had a few interviews, but no offers yet.