[an occasional exercise in gratitude]
- My father has been in his new Adult Family Home for over a week and is doing well.
- The political-bloggers-with-zombies novel Feed that I’ve been compulsively re-reading for the last year did not win the “Best Novel” Hugo but it came in second. Feed and its sequel Deadline are by Mira Grant aka Seanan McGuire.
- While I did not get to Worldcon this year, I do get to enjoy this ustream of the comedic “Just A Minute” competition, including discussion of various Apollos, the seven dwarves, parallel universes, what’s wrong with steampunk, and Seanan McGuire requesting a big boo for Bill Willingham.
- I am getting better at enjoying things without feeling that I have to own them. For example, a password book, a typewriter bookend, or a Crayola rollerball pen, or the entire ThinkGeek “Geek Toys” catalog (including an Adipose stuffie!)
- Cooking at home and relaxing with the man of the house.
How’s the week going for you?
Leave a Reply