[an occasional exercise in gratitude]
1. The man of the house is no longer in the hospital with a 104F (40C) fever. (That…was scary.)
2. My new job has better health insurance than we had previously. (I’d prefer a single-payer solution, but it’s what I’ve got.)
3. Hospice care is providing more monitoring for my father to help avoid surprises and ER visits — and they come to HIM, which is much better than ambulances.
4. My father is happy in the care home where he lives and is getting good care.
5. Supportive friends and chosen family, for helping me to stay sane.