…especially if you don’t wear normal department-store sizes and your friend does? Simple.
Because even though my size 14/16/18 friend can find so many more clothes of her size to try on, she still has to deal with:
- Inconsistent sizing. (That’s why she’s a size 14/16/18 friend ; )
- Clothes that aren’t cut for her body.
- Clothes that fit her top but not her bottom.
- Clothes that fit her bottom but not her top.
- Clothes that fit, but don’t come in a color that looks good on her.
- Clothes that fit and look good, but go with nothing else that she owns.
- Clothes that fit and look good and go with her wardrobe, but are dry clean only or leather clean only.
- Clothes that fit and look good but cost more than her annual clothing budget.
- Clothes that fit and look good and are priced great, but are for a totally different person’s life.
- Clothes that just aren’t flattering for her at all.
In other words: It’s useful to be reminded that it’s not just being fat that makes finding ready-to-wear hard. It’s that often, ready-to-wear just isn’t.